CivWiki Monday Newsletter for September 11, 2023
Good morning and happy Monday from New England!
So uh, now that you realize today is the 11th of September, there are probably some people in comments talking, possibly even joking about a certain happening with plane hijackings. Guys. This isn’t a joke, this happened in real life, and you shouldn’t joke about it. People hold remembrances and legislative tirades for this and all you can do is joke about how you and your Civ friends drove a plane into a tower. Gross.
Anyway, let’s get on with the news.
This week’s featured image is the Coronation Hall in Sneg, Imperial Federation. It’s one of the newest countries in the south of the country along with Regentsburgh, and after his self-proclaimed 8 months of living within the territory, along with the Imperial Federation’s recent resurgence from its constitution crisis, I think it’s safe to say that they’re doing a great job. Besides, it looks beautiful, too!
Impasse, officially the Kingdom of Impasse, was an early active nation on CivClassic. Built from foundations from nations like Aquila on Devoted 3.0 and Civcraft 3.0 along with various nations in Civcraft 2.0, the country aimed to be a general newfriend recruiting nation focused on building. Its two main districts were built in a renaissance style along with a ’80s and futuristic style. Within its first few months, Impasse made alliances with Hjaltland and built the HITS in cooperation with the country and was a founding member of the Western Alliance, but fell inactive during the Somber War.
The country eventually renamed to Corvus and converted itself to a corporation, maintaining shops in various countries such as Gabon and Icenia. However, they began cooperating with NATO sometime during 2020 and began construction of a vault hole in late 2020. aided various raiders during the War of the Coalition, leading to their ultimate destruction during The Fall of Corvus.
This week’s featured article image is an overview of Impasse’s main city.
The snowy hilltops of newly-founded Vinland.
So I’m writing with the assumption that this has even less news this week:
Happenings Around Civ
- DonFuer joined the Protection Pact of International Security, along with Lambeau joining a few days later, along with Norlund joining quite literally a few hours before writing this
- The Deepslate Isles expands its territory to a few more man-made isles
- The Monument Group is announcing a third stock sale set to happen at the end of this week
- SPQR passed a series of laws that define citizenship and an elevated assembly of citizens
- Mount Augusta is electing a new judge position, however it’s not really a contest this time
- Icenia appointed Anvil as its new secretary of the Interior, leading to a snap election being held.
- Oopsie woopsie I forgot to mention last week that Crafted Kingdoms is a new Civ-like server, intending to be a spiritual successor to CivCraft, with once again recoded versions of Civ plugins and dynmap. There hasn’t been much activity from this server as of late (or, at least what I can see from their discord.)
- CivCubed is working on a plants UI for their “remake” on RealisticBiomes
Wait… that’s IT?!
The Fun Stuff
Meracydia’s Town Square, with an aspiring horse.
- Sneg is a new nation within the Imperial Federation, but holy shit if that’s the first build
- Speaking of snowy landscapes, hobbit holes in new Vinland
- April continues to work on the Meracydian countryside
- Speaking of Meracydia, I found their Town Square image from a few weeks ago
- TheJmqn recreated the CivMC map in HOI4 which may not be the last Paradox game thing I’ll be saying today
- Insert PvP video joke here
- Civball map of the world has its next weekly update
- More civballs also have some updates!
- I may not be a big fan of all the profile pictures, but I gotta hand it to Jbblocker for this amazing 3D render
- Gotta also hand it to Flootle for their commission for Superbgamer…
- Along with their illustration of Estalian Build Night
- “Tell me you’re delusional without telling me you’re ashnwill”
- Ok guys, like I admire your stage production but this?? you can’t just photoshop player photos on top of people, I want to see some actual content!
- I shit my pants when reading this (not)
- I think this actually represents all of Civ, not just Icenia
- People really didn’t take this claim as a meme
- Can we stop talking about stick fights in Transylvania? This is getting old and I want it to stop, and the jokes aren’t even funny at all. Please stop copying the same picture you made five weeks ago
- Might have just swung too hard
- This week in Baseball, no hitters!
- In baseball news this week, we move over to Japan as Orix Buffaloes ace Yoshinobu Yamamoto throws his second no-hitter in two years. It’s an extremely rare occurrence, and we could see him in America very soon.
- Speaking of no-hitters, Corbin Burnes was set to get a no-hitter victory…until the Yankees won in extra innings.
- The NFL is back, and if Thursday night was any indication, this season will be a wild ride. The reigning super bowl champs, Kansas City, lost at home to the lowly Detroit Lions on opening night 21-20
- Meanwhile in College football,
- #11 Texas @ #3 Alabama didn’t disappoint, with Texas taking down Alabama on the road 34-24. The last time Texas beat Alabama, Ronald Reagan was president. Pundits are asking: Is Texas (finally) back?
- #22 Colorado continued their resurgence by beating up on Nebraska 36-14. Now 2-0 on the season, they’ve already doubled their win total from last year
Non-Intrusive Thoughts of the Week
- In case no football news gets reported this week, Jon Bois of Secret Base has recently finished airing his latest super project, The History of the Minnesota Vikings; I find his content really accessible for anybody who doesn’t even care about sports
- oh boy, can’t wait for the newest Super Mario game oh wait
- I think everyone here can relate to Marcie in this latest peanuts special
- Colossal Order has become 100% unhinged and attempted to kill streamers from 50 feet above the ground — while promoting Cities Skylines 2 (so I guess I’m excited)
- So one of you crazy newsletter readers met up with me IRL last weekend and had a great lunch with me — I’m not saying who cause I don’t have proof, but you know who you are…
Poll of the Week
Oops, there was no poll last week. My bad!
Anyway, we have a very intriguing poll as suggestions from reffelruz and Xcios this week.
Additionally, if you’d like to ask a general question for the people, I am open to poll suggestions as well.
[Very Obvious 9/11 Joke Here] Cry for Help
The current Civball Map of the World map. Please contribute! It looks too empty…
Alright, I’m gonna admit it guys, I’ve gotten burned out from the newsletter as of late. I know it takes like maybe 2 hours to write these little crazy guys, but writing the same news is getting tiring. We’ll see how much gas I have left in the tank, and I might want to move onto new things.
If you seriously think you have the will to write the newsletter in future weeks, please reach out. I’m always looking for people to work out.
If for some reason you want to contribute to this stupid cause but don’t really want to write a full newsletter…
- Write a featured article, it’s literally just summarizing a wiki page that exists
- Writing an op-ed or suggesting/writing features for the newsletter.
If you’ve got any questions for either of these, feel free to message me
Well, I guess thanks for reading…