Good morning and happy belated Valentine’s Day from New England!
Of course, I can tell that nobody is spending time with their girlfriends with this Valentine’s Day because of all the server drama happening on the server right now. Either that or you’re all reeling from whatever Super Bowl happened. Ladies, good luck trying to suck your boyfriend away from the game, and if you’re reading this Kallos and EP, go touch some grass!
Ready for the news?
This week’s featured image is Quauhtli’n’Mia’s Ocean Trawler shop in Yoahtl. Yes, I know it’s another Yoathl image again but it’s too good that I can’t not highlight it. It’s a much different approach to a shop that I’ve usually seen and combined with the texture pack and the shaders, it all comes along in a great way. The foliage around naturally blends into the shop and it’s integrated well within the city streets, and it’s a great view.
The Imperial Mountain of Casson, abbreviated IMC, is a country founded by the former members of TKON and the old IMC on Devoted. While parts of the group initially played during Civcraft 3.0, the two groups merged forces in early 2017 as a raider group aiding Westeros before splintering and starting their nation north of The Commonwealth late in 2021. Eventually, the country became an international powerhouse, rapidly becoming a competitor in the XP market in the late months of the server.
The country was mainly split into the capital in old Hexcorp territory, as well as the Netherview claims in the far western edge of the map. Although the country was a heavily defense-oriented nation with claims and several vaults, diss tracks from member PercJackson were released with favorable responses. The country also maintained relations and continued cooperation from The Commonwealth and Wolken with continued defense initiatives. Today, members of the country continued on CivMC, initially founding a new iteration of their own country before joining forces with Titan Industries to become Gang Shi. (Full article…)
This week’s featured picture is the IMC’s Capital, Wilsontown, with views of the Goldenglow vault.
Pacem’s latest tower viewed from the fields of the city.
No, TheJmqn, I’m not calling it the Purple War.
Greetings to Another War
Alright, so it’s time to do another breakdown…
- The Elysian Pact posted a declaration of war against Kallos this past week.
- TL;DR, the Elysian Pact accused Kallos of engaging in warmongering behavior. This includes, among others…
- Raiding Chosentwice’s supposed bunker with Icenia,
- Allowing Afflicted to snitch and grief said bunker
- Getting involved in the attempted Valyrian Coup,
- Bringing in former banned players into the country
- Illegally trespassing in Elysian Pact and raiding innocent countries.
- Although they believe both sides are not blameless, they believed that war was inevitable, believing that it was enough of a risk to declare war.
- TL;DR, the Elysian Pact accused Kallos of engaging in warmongering behavior. This includes, among others…
- Responses to the situation outside of the Elysian Pact have been somewhat negative:
- Several people are also concerned this is only perpetuating the server’s cycle of conflict, arguing that the EP do not care about the server’s ideals and that Kallos should not have been attacked.
- Other countries, like Danzilona are also concerned about the previous infringements on sovereignty and engagement on defense buildups, and the precedent that this sets.
- Kallos (through DockerImage) posted a response, refuting the claims or the Elysian Pact and calling them overblown; stating that the attacks were unwarranted and that the EP made no attempt of diplomacy.
- Meanwhile, Warmia declared neutrality in the situation.
- ChrisChrispie stated that while they believe the bunker was used for Chosen raiding Icenia and Kallos, they are also open to ending the beef between the two parties. However, they also removed Kallos from the SEC five days before the declaration of war.
- The post comes several days after K0mmi and Afflicted were pearled by ErrorL and given to Estalia, and liquidicity was pearled the day before. The post was also submitted shortly after an EP-led skybridge breached Kallos’ vault.
- Bewsiej (Butternut) eventually tracked down and pearled ColdBoy000 and DockerImage on an ice road shortly after the attack happened, arguing they were invading Butternut’s territory, after being told not to. Dredd_kiji was also pearled in the ensuing attacks.
- Determinations for reparations are still ongoing, and no attacks have occurred in the meantime.
Actually, that was much easier than I thought it was…
Other Random, Semi-Related Drama
- Cordoba dissolved themselves last week, as a result from their defeat in the Gang Shi attacks.
- The post also clarified that the country would be rebranding and wanted to remain independent from any other nation.
- However, later that day, Estalia announced they would be claiming the territories
- Their rationale was that the transfer of the territory to Abbysal, an Estalian with ties to chosentwice, who is wanted by the SEC, raised concerns among Icenians; this prompted a full transfer of the territory to Estalia.
- Estalia has since cordoned off the territory from claims.
- SpeedyJustice was pearled in the Commonwealth by Icenian officials last week. He requested to be tried in Icenia.
- Speaking of SpeedyJustice, some information has been leaked stating that Dalgon was attacked by DarkMuffin following his attacks on Gensokyo back in December.
- In addition, prior to meat312’s release, Gensokyo also threatened the AP to not release him, stating there needs to be further reparations for an attempt to wipe out a nation; albeit a very lame attempt.
- A now-somewhat irrevelant leak has come out with HenryDraton leaking the Temporal Isles’ Valyrian coup plans to Valyria, only further emphasizing that the plan was really poorly executed.
The neon signs outside the Fortunate Ronin Casino in Nara.
- Several nations on the server decided to relinquish a portion of the claims, in an effort to ease the newfriend claim problem, including Southshire and Äggland.
- Even further, the countries of Reggio Argeddina and Icarus merged together, with Reggio becoming a dominion in the country.
- Inversely, other nations decided to annex former claims of other countries in order to utilize them for better purposes, including Lambat annexing Letos, and also Lambat annexing Margaritaville.
- Lambat has also crowned Banyough as the “Tita of the Nation” following her months of being a pillar in the Lambatan community.
- Mount Augusta reelected judge Mallace as well as beginning a new round of Mayor elections. ComradeNick, once again, is widely expected to win another term.
- Nara opened their grand casino in Shiroyama.
- Flags and Kai held a wedding in Iopa this last Saturday. And thankfully it didn’t end in another murder!
- Several raids occurred in the Imperial Federation:
- ErrorL continued his raiding spree with two murders
- Cokeandmentos and Yamm3 looted Myra, Gotland and the CCTT; both have since been pearled
- Highroll and StableGenius123 raided Ohio and was pearled by Spoonce and Jamiemie.
- Coolchacha97 posted a rant after the Imperial Federation revoked his citizenship, citing that it’s not a trustworthy nation.
- In response, IF senators remarked that he was being slanderous towards the IF in the recent months and had not played for a while, and revoking his citizenship was “merely a formality.”
- Dunkiboure in the Imperial Federation rebranded themselves to “Dunkborn.”
- A brand new political party, the Posterity Party, was created in the Imperial Federation.
- An upcoming Great Migration is happening in Yoahtl…
- Cortesia Del Mar is starting their election process and is due to elect a new President next week.
- South Bruma has elected Highboy as new Attorney General, as well as encoded laws for Royal Protection and removing limits on dual citizenship.
- CivMC admin SoundTech has also relayed general updates on the server, including
- a fix for the long-standing 0,0 spawn bug (according to Maxopoly, present since Civcraft 2.0)
- an extension to the deadline for and rewording of the change to client-side mods that would affect mods like Interpol after asking mod developers for feedback
- a highly anticipated list of permanently banned users and accounts
- He also posted a very cryptic message of “he”, supposedly due to “sitting in bed with a 100° fever I’m bad at phone”
- CivReign is (for real this time??) launching this Friday, Feburary 17th, at 5:00pm Eastern Time. Join their discord here.
- They have so far hinted that some non-essential features, like Brewery or CastleGates may be absent if not completed on time.
- Among many of the nations present on CivRev is ma kapesi, who’s claimed a large amount of land in the Arabian Peninsula, even basically spooning nearby Sovia near the Suez Canal
- OnceDoceTrece, aka janet blackquill has said that it’s justified given they have one of the few settlements on the server, along with flight capabilities, while many other are concerned about the large claim size.
- There also seems to be aggressive mob-spawning – while there’s a lot of custom mobs on CivRev, it feels excessive and becomes hard to survive.
The Fun Stuff
A view of the Pripyat from the canals below.
- So obviously the standout this week was the Ocean Trawler shop in Yoahtl, by Quauhtli’n’Mia, I can’t even make a joke about it, it’s just a well composed image and build. He did several other images and is basically holding the #builds channel hostage since he isn’t sharing his settings.
- The Fortunate Ronin Casino in Nara has a very large light up board on both sides, which is honestly really cool – is Nara going to be Japanese Vegas?
- While progress on Pacem has been relatively slow, it’s quality over quantity for them, especially for the first glimpse of the city skyline.
- Pripyat is doing quite well for themselves too like, come on man it looks great for a newer city
- Warmia’s Nitro Brewery does seem like it’s got a good start going
- The new university tower in Petergrad is kind making the area a pretty expansive city
- Griffin development is getting insane with this grand seaborn Italian island and canal in their capital; I mean it’s basically Venice at this point
- Pavia’s photo competition has some real bangers out there:
- masqis took a picture of a boat
- Rekt takes another one of his classic Pavia City pictures, not to mention he also made a render that took like 3 hours
- AD highlights the Quiet Isles off the west coast
- Jaydon has a beautiful series of pictures of the city
- Creepi0n has some more landscape pictures of the outlying boroughs
- CivRev is allowed to have some builds too, and this little coastline village of ma kapesi is a great one, basically the definition of thriving under constraints
Might as well call this section map projects at this point.
- Didn’t quite see this earlier but Griffin also has a pastel-colored Duchy Map; I will do whatever it takes for Griffin to stay relevant
- It always takes effort to make a map, and Warmia’s, while not as polished as the last, is still a choice one with its amazing displays.
- Here is yet another map of Lambat’s neighbors, a potentially even more colored map than everyone else and the effort thrown into this is getting crazier
- TheJmqn makes another high effort claims map while not really purging that many nations as we thought and then also realizes there are a lot of alliances and artificially restricts those to only 3+. He is also pushing this “Purple War” name and I don’t really like it too much
- Oh look it’s another map, but it’s the Imperial Federation election map which is always welcome, even if it’s in a different yet very distinct style (although last time the organization of the votes was a little better)
- See, Lambat has a good old style looking map to make it stand out. Maybe I should stop showing maps in this section
- OreStraya is making the most good regular Civ content on the server, and it’s literally TikToks for Breeze Industries
- So technically jbblocker threw together a PvP video from Gang Shi on Cordoba, so it is a multimedia thing, I guess
- Where does “metagamer”/”newsletter writer” fit on this chart
- The fact you are serious about “buying land” under the pretense of a newfriend land sale is a meme, good job for being a big joke SpeedyJustice
- I also recognize zero Civ nations
- bg and Speedy are two different people
- the secret about Estalia’s dominance revealed (not clickbait)
- I’m hitting the snews button on this meme
- Hitler rant memes are actually kinda funny, especially in Cordoba
- A little bit late for that alliance buddy
- How dare you taint a show like Better Call Saul with your shitty memes honestly, low quality, 3/10 memes at best
- Imagine trying to post a meme that has is its own punchline, but then score worse than the last time this happened, in the exact same situation
- Just the contrast of “birthday party email” invite to “you’re getting sued” is just getting me laughing hard
- So is Kallos the USSR or Pavia the USSR? I’m getting confused
- L’Jarius Sneed, Super Bowl LVII Champion
- courtney i DON’T apologise for all the things ive said and not said.
- Average Danzilonan hockey game
- When is the Yoahtl dating sim
- This truly is the darkest timeline
- Protip Kallos: just don’t die
- If you really wanted more memes, Flags has sent me an album of them
Totally Not Paid Endorsements
- The CivMarket has uncharacteristically been stuck at 14.25i/d this entire week, so if that means that we have a stable economy I guess it does
- CivMarket has also teased OmegaV2; the original Omega was a service offered by the Solitude Corporation, CivMarket’s predecessor that was a full-stack, snitch-bot analytics service on CivRealms.
- Ocean Trawler is selling Prot for 135d per set.
- Have to highlight the best marketing with Breeze Industries
- Who’s on the side with academic achievement, intelligence, and competence? Prawny is!!!
- The r/mcserver advertisements have returned from Solitaire7. New post on…
- Ok to be fairly honest, people did make a big deal about Estalia’s page being too bombasting, and I agree, they did this on Mir’s page a few years ago and we demanded Gregy to correct it. I always try to monitor pages every now and then through the recent changes, but it’s hard to monitor all 2,000 pages on the wiki for terrible content. If you see something wrong, either call it out on the CivWiki discord, or please correct it!
Purplelicious Cry for Help
The reception party after the Iopian wedding.
Thanks for reading this week’s newsletter!
Thanks to Creepi0n for supporting the newsletter and the CivWiki this past week for donating on my ko-fi! Quite literally, all you got is a shoutout on the newsletter for supporting this free content.
A big thanks to Gjum, who reedited a lot of the Estalia-Kallos conflict information for clarification and reffelruz who offered to write stuff for this week (although I actually had prewritten most of this ahead of time on Saturday which is basically becoming the norm now).
If you’d like to contribute in the future, feel free to
- write a featured article! In addition, I may ask related parties to pitch in if they’d like for topics I’ve already scheduled for weeks in advance
- writing an op-ed about anything related to Civ, it’s quite literally easy to do and you get to speak your mind about anything on Civ with a comfortable platform to do so
If you’re not sure what to contribute, message me and we can work something out.
That should be it for this week! Until next time, non-valentiners…