Good Monday Morning from New England. Hope everyone’s had a nice weekend and now it’s back to the grind of waiting in the queue, again. A little quieting down this week, but it’s starting to get juicy. Nobody will actually care but I took a tour around the server and many nations are building up quickly, whether its their landmark building in Pavia, expansive citygrid in Mount Augusta, large farms in Icenia or rail stations in Lambat, ambitions are running high everywhere. Let’s look at this week’s news:
- Current Events
- Featured Article (Reddit)
- Yet Another Cry for Help
Today’s featured image is a decorative map of the nations surrounding the Lyrean Sea, produced by u/hitobashuru and the Pavian Bureau of Semiography.
The Inevitable First Conflicts
The Western Jungle Scuffle
- The past weekend saw raids from Blockchainistan residents AbbyShapiro and Figasaur, which saw bounties on these citizens. Among those raided were nations on the western side of the map, including the Kingdom of ErrorL, Icarus, and Western Boundary.
- On June 7, war was declared on Blockchainistan for accusations of raiding.^((+))
- After many shitposts, memes, and hailings of ErrorL, the war ended about (checks clock) 4 hours later to a relatively peaceful resolution.
The Fempire Incident
- As Fempire announced their claims next to Bergburg, the nation was immediately met with hostility from their leader Zelmisburg, everntually causing large conflicts over very tiny islands.^((+))
- Despite efforts to broker peace from Femberg, tensions reached a boiling point when Fempire “killed” Zelmisburg. This forced Bergburg and the Kingdom of ErrorL to declare war Fempire along with the Kingdom of ErrorL.
- While Bergberg leaders resolved the conflict within the hour, that wasn’t the end because KOEL revealed to Fempire that they were hired by Bergburg to invade the country.
- The conflict continued as Zelmisburg while striking peace, intentionally left ErrorL troops out to attack Femberg, and when they but KOEL offered to repay any debts.
- As of now, Zelmisburg has left the server., and Cordoba has annexed all Bergburg claims.
- BritishWanderer I, the Crown Prince of Pavia, passed away last week. The Pavian government has elected his son, BritishWanderer II, to succeed him in his place.^((+))
- Mount Augusta elects their first three judges (Asa, Cooliomoose and cattus) and is currently in the process of electing its first permanent mayor.
- Truidencia is elected their first Landsraad, with jbomb, Tsar losif, and Hylian Cellis becoming elected.
High Quality Maps
- Not even one week in another claims map gets posted by u/TheJmqn (i think his name’s right this time) with more chaos than ever, and then he turns right back around again with yet another claims map
- I forgot to post this last week but Pavia’s claims map is one of the highlights of two weeks ago
- Lambat posts a cool map and also a second one that is very fanatical about rails
- The Lyrean Sea also gets a new map that reminds me of old Classics maps (which by extension, gives Lambat another cool map
- Nara posts a classic Japanese map of their very thin claim – kind of like a scroll one could say
- u/TheJmqn also posted this extremely comprehensive and yellow map of MtA properties
High Quality Posts
- CivMarket and the Solitude Corporation released Terminal, a web-based trading application for trading in Civ, which is honestly really high quality and better than my pretty bad web-apps
- u/Gjum continues his sicko mod(e) streak by creating a 1.18 version of SnitchMod
- Icenia builds up faster than I honestly expected, building a new iteration of Jah Park and a public factory building that looks very good
High Quality Shitposts
- Holy shit he brought out the crayons IRL
- Jesus really does play civmc
- Oh my god it’s another Varkanos post, they never miss, this is truly underrated
- I mean what did you expect, we raid entire biomes just so we can build ugly megafarms
- There is nothing more Civ than political grandstanding in MtA
- So where are the infinity stones on Civ
- I really don’t want to highlight this one but it did get over 70 votes
- Not sure if this literally means we are carrying the Civ genre on our backs
- Does Saul Goodman actually play in Mount Augusta?
- Hey kids, you want some pearls
Around the Bend
- Zoinks, Scoob! Yoahtl finally reveals their claims and they’re crayons at best
- CivRev has hinted about a 3rd iteration, with Owain hinting the map will be a replica of the world. ^((+))
- u/GetSkinnyCiv (my fellow news acquaintance) has been posting extremely good articles at the Pavian Tribune, covering a wealth of domestic Pavian affairs
- u/HijoDeFootspa has made his grand return of the Lambat Post, covering domestic and international Lambatian affairs. Best of luck to both of your newspapers!
- The southeast quadrant (+, +) is in the beginnings of organizing a quadrant-wide rail network, join the OneDest discord for more information
- u/Asakuun_v2 is beginning his series of surveys for the server
- MTA’s Joja Cafe is open for business
- Petrichor is hosting the Summer Arts Festival and is accepting submissions for Art, Music, Builds (although not sure how many builds are up right now) and Writing
Featured Article (Reddit)
This article was submitted by Des23.
Today’s featured picture are team logos for Season Two of the NDZHL.
The New Danzilona Hockey League (NDZHL) was a Minecraft hockey league active on Civcraft 2.0. The league pioneered the spread of hockey and regular organised sports on Civ servers. The league and Minecraft hockey was created by New Danzilona citizen RoarkLeSkif, who was head of the league from its creation until his resignation during its second season. The NDZHL was not only important in developing a distinct Danzilonan identity, but it also had positive and negative effects between is competing nations, as well as just being fun. Teams hailed from a multitude of nations, including Mount Augusta, Little Latvia and Orion, with creative team names for each. Although hockey continued to be played in Civcraft 3.0 and occasionally in Civclassic 2.0 in Provincia, a formal hockey league has yet to be revived since its creation. (Full article…)
Yet Another Cry for Help
Oh boy, time for another call for submissions! If you’ve read everything and are still stuck waiting in queue, or have literally nothing left to do in your nation, why not submit an article, piece of text, or anything for Monday Mornings!
- Featured articles
- Business ads
- Infrastructure initiatives
- Current events
- Literally anything
We read every single entry! In order to make these entries as participatory as possible I also promise to put every single one in a Monday Mornings (within reason). Submit the link below if you too, want to get into these posts!
And as always, EDIT CIVWIKI
Thanks to Des23 for writing this week’s Featured Article.
Are you looking to get into these newsletters? Use the link right here! ^^(Note: CivWiki admins & editors have final say over submission entries.)