Good morning again from New England. Another week for me going around the server and complaining about everything, as everyone knows about. I was able to take a first look at Yoahtl and Gensokyo, and stop by a few more places, so let me know if you want to come over and see how you’re doing.
A reminder that ^+ (plus subscripts) indicate these will be shown on CivWiki’s front page this week.
Anyway, let’s get to it:
- Current Events
- Featured Article
- Another Post, Another Call for Help
This week’s featured picture is the Lusitania Waterfront on the Medi Sea, built by Lusitans Metrix, banyough and others and taken by Captain_Klutz.
Mount Augusta Drama Returns
After a big judge election the week before, Mount Augusta immediately began an election to elect its permanent governor this past week. The provisional government was led by RedDevel, but the constitution mandated a new mayor be elected immediately after the judges were elected.
- One big point of controversy was the constitution, which was launched in a pretty weak state. For reasons unknown, the time to register to vote was less than the time of the election lapsing, meaning that you could register to vote while people were campaigning. Another was that renters were able to gain citizenship.
- As a result, many foreign players poured into Mount Augusta to register to vote, many registering quickly after gaining residence at ComradeNick’s house nearby the voter tree.
- ComradeNick had announced his candidacy before the election had even begun, and continued campaigning throughout the week to gain support, even despite the above shenanigans. He was already a leader in New Jersey, a state in Rhode Island and had been the leader of the Holy Jaded Empire in CivClassics and many other nations throughout Civ.
- His primary opponent, Ahme63, was a newer player but had been a leader in Mount September, the main players during this iteration’s infancy.
- Honorable mention to OldManMammoth, who created many campaign posters throughout the election.
- While the election lasted two days, the election ended on June 16 with ComradeNick winning the governorship, gaining 34 first choice votes. As a consolation prize, Ahme63 and OldManMammoth both gained positions in the new government.^+
- ComradeNick’s victory was celebrated by some, but made concern in others. His victory speech addresses both.
- A moderated caucus between ComradeNick and Ahme supporters was also hosted this past Saturday to address these concerns and work towards moving forward, with the intention for regular meetings.
Estalia In Hot Water
The nation of Ku is located just southwest of Estalian territory, arguably on the same continent as the nation. However, they’ve run into some unfortunate situations, especially as shown during this past week.^+
- Ku-Toan Black_Fusion was murdered in Ku territory this past week, by Estalian soldiers while exploring tunnels around the area which reached into El Caro and Estalian territory. While they were immediately released after, it became the point where they posted gripes with Estalia publicly.
- Ku claims were basically overtaken by Estalian claims and very little diplomacy was done on the Estalian side, citing that the country was building over Ku territory without their consent, and despite confrontations no response was given.
- While Estalia has already said they would claim around 0,0, it is concerning that their commitment to being a peaceful marketplace nation has given way to many concerns about them returning to their old World Police habits; the country takes roots in CivClassic’s Mir and Hjaltland.
- The public post gained a lot of traction, and a good positive response, with many being disappointed with Estalia for their actions.
All the Other News this Week
- Asakuun’s first survey’s results have come out and to nobody’s surprise everyone’s in +,+ and -,- quadrants.
- Another survey by Topaz now asks your enjoyment and playstyle on the server
- The Dirt building competition, but you can only build from dirt (obviously)
- The Southern Canal celebrates its halfway milestone
- Gensokyo and Truidencia transfer land to make the border look nicer, right? Totally not to take over the world at some point
- Technical issues and lagspikes continue to plague CivMC, with the player cap going down unannounced to 125. The team continues to try and curb low TPS issues from plugins like RealisticBiomes; this past week has seen many deployed updates to try and curb the issue from everything from database upgrades to a future machine upgrade. Admins also onboarded LordOfMarzipan to be the first superfriend, an elevated moderator-like position.^+
Things That Look Cool
I’m going to be honest, there were so many good renders and pictures this week, that it was extremely difficult to choose a featured picture to put on the Wiki. I’m honestly going to start stockpiling at this point, holy crap builds are progressing amazingly fast.
- Lustania’s waterfront is starting to come together, brought together by a picturesque looking render by Captain_Klutz ^+
- Truidencia’s capital, Nidaros, looks amazing from this render by Hylian_Cellist and even better in person, thank god it’s no longer a frisbee
- Petrichor’s first builds are starting to form with a pretty decent looking building that doesn’t even look like a fake structure
- Lambat is building up and most recently showed off its International Museum, a place for nation flags and Civ history.
- NATO Memorial Park in Rhode Island is a nice plaza, but the fact they lost is a little concerning
Things That Are Cool
- TheJmqn just keeps pumping out maps, especialy this last week where the entire world is finally posted ^+
- And also xFier also posted his complete blank map with a better contrast that’s also on Civ^+
- You can find the above maps and more on map.civmc.tk, made by u/Gjum!
- The CivBall Map of Alenarith is honestly really good and very representative, now the only question is when is the full Civball map of the world coming
- Cordoba published its first newspaper
- Lambat Post’s second issue highlights the only thing they could write about this week
- If there wasn’t enough newspapers, Tortuga Times keeps me updated on a place I know little about
- Bones were found at an archaeological dig in Pavia and now they fixed it up so things look nice
- Zachtack made FarmBot available to the public
Things That Made Me Laugh
- Commonwealthungus is a very weird thing to think about, and I’m from Commonwealth by heart. Anyway here’s Shopside 3
- Sussus Deepslatus
- Why build a road when you can just boat the horse over
- I think the game is just telling you to touch grass
- When is Better Call SpeedyJustice getting an AMC series
- Just needs high speed music while digging the Danzilona shaft
- Wow, if I had a nickel for every time someone made a post with 300 characters, I’d have two nickels. That isn’t a lot but it’s weird that it happened twice.
- “Reinforced Deepslate”
- How does Icenia have no grass
- The only other thing that happened twice were two different SOTW claims comparisons from CivClassic, wow
This week’s article was written by u/prawny331. This week’s picture is the Skybridge on the Hell Vault during the First Hell War..
The First Hell War was a large conflict in CivRealms 2.0 focused around the siege of the vault of the same name. This started following a stealth break of the vault of Varathia, by a group of citizens from the former nation of Savaguard led by a Carbon turncoat known as the Hell Gang. A healthy majority of the server rushed to Varathia’s aid, fighting through a gruesome siege over several days, including an extended 12 hour truce over Father’s Day. This war marked a notable turning point on the server, and laid the groundwork for the Second Hell War and the Great War, the latter of which led to the server’s eventual death. This also marked the first crack in the previously strong alliance between Cantina and Blackwater, after Blackwater betrayed the coalition and accepted the Hell Gang into their ranks. Estimates put the number of unique accounts on the coalition side at over 115, against some 10-15 defenders. (Full article…)
Another Post, Another Call for Help
Phew, I beat cooliomoose! Another one down, 47 more to go…
If you want to help me achieve my goal of making this for a full year (or longer?) please help by submitting featured articles to the form! Although, it’s not just featured articles:
- Featured Articles
- Current events
- bgbba rants (you know you wanna)
- Other rants
- random history stuff
You can submit nearly anything (relatively) related to Civ and I’ll probably read it! Just submit below, do it while waiting in queue, touching grass, boating, heading on rails, whatever. It helps you get your voice heard and also help me write less!
Submit by clicking the link here or copy-pasting the link below!
And as always, EDIT CIVWIKI
Thanks to u/prawny331 for submitting their featured article this week, and u/Lodish_mc for proofreading. If you want to submit anything, follow the link right here: