Good morning and happy Monday from New England, gamers! Hope you’re having a great time not being terrorized by raiders across the server.
Now that the server’s at peace, I’m weirdly optimistic for CivMC; I’m not sure how long this peace will last, considering that the last time we had a “peace” we never really got to see how it ended considering CivClassic just died, but I digress. The fact that we’re at peace makes me appreciate the little things in Civ, and I’m all appreciating Civ with all the more optimism.
If you want to advertise your nation, or show any part of your history, I highly recommend submitting a Featured article about your nation: submit this form here! (because I am tired of writing featured articles myself).
Ok, enough whining, it’s news time:
This week’s featured image is of the skyline of Icenia City; the country had been embattled with numerous obbybombing and raiding attempts during the Estalia-Rhode Island War. Over the past week, Icenians have cleaned up the massive amount of grief extremely quickly; although bewsiej gave citizens easy access to the obsidian groups, the large citizenry came out in droves to help, which barely declined during the war. With Icenia’s rapid return, President ChrisChrispie’s reaction to Icenia’s enthusiastic return as “one of the most astounding moments I’ve witnessed in my 8/9 years of playing Civ”.
Loveshack was a micronation on Civcraft 1.0 and 2.0. Fully located within the borders of Mount Augusta, the country was an anarcho-queer monarchy focused on spreading the dogma of love, freedom of sexuality, and supporting the self-determination of all nations. The nation’s main reason for existence, however, was simply to roleplay as a micronation. Much of its territory was divided in provinces, with small provinces focused on its palace, courtyard, and even a barstool in Prince Toastedspike’s favorite bar.
Despite its small size, Loveshack became involved in some diplomatic issues during its tenure on Civcraft, The longest war involved the French Mount Augustan province of Vanier, where continued military aggression eventually resulted in Mount Augusta recognizing Loveshack’s sovereignty in 2014. Loveshack was also involved in conflicts with Orion, attempts to annex Grundeswald, and accession into the U3P, a military alliance in the +,+ quadrant. To this day, Loveshack remains the only successful attempt at a microstate in Civ, simultaneously being recognized officially and taking a lighthearted nature to culture and international relations in Civ. (Full article…)
This picture is of the Loveshack palace taken during the Orion-Loveshack War, taken by Toastedspike’s.
This section’s header picture is of Pavia’s brand new Cathedral built along the plains of the nation; the religious site will be the backdrop for the forthcoming wedding of acuhdemiic of Estalia and CutePastelStars of New Jersey.
This week was a lot quieter than expected, mostly everyone taking time to rebuild and recuperate from the war. No huge drama, as obviously expected but enough news to fill this section. Although maybe expect The Fun StuffTM to be longer than current events for the first time ever.
- The “Security Enhancement Coalition”, or the SEC, has been formed with five main countries spanning the server, including Icenia, Southshire, Kallos, Arsenio Pact, and Cortesia del Mar. It’s slightly reminiscent of the UDF.
- Titan Industries and the IMC agreed to merge their lands to become “Gang Shi”; combined they now hold the largest amount of territory in the quadrant.
- The Imperial Federation continues to expand, while not mentioned in previous weeks the country has granted semi-autonomy to smaller nations such as Western Boundary, the CCTT, Feline, and more in the Southeast quadrant. The now-largest country in the quadrant will hold elections next month.
- Nipplerock is returning.
- SPQR has voted to annex the country of Avalon, which had been reported to have been supporting Rhode Island, and whose leader had been aggressive towards the country in the past.
- Greater Duskwood and Khanate have merged to form the Reunan Union
- Lambat has declared its intention to annex the former Blockchainistan territory of Reedy Creek.
- CivMC admins have begun to post weekly(?) updates, the first of which this week has been about upcoming changes, including advertising updates, an economy and combat revamp, and becoming much more communicative with the playerbase.
- CivRev has posted preview images and videos of possible features for ships and planes within its upcoming 3rd iteration.
- CivReign has formally announced fingerprinting as a feature in its latest public announcement, as well as saying its players will “experience security on Civ like never before”.
- Blockchainistan was defeated early this week, as Estalian and Coalition fighters raided the nation and its bunkers as a result of aiding Rhode Island.
- samnrad accused Estalia of attempting a logbox on him, while Gregy denies the accusation. No factual evidence has been provided on either side.
- Greltam is complaining publicly about the fact that CivMarket is not secure, but CivMarket officials say they are continuing to work on defensive measures; the issues surrounding it are very confusing and I don’t really understand this post anyway
- Pavia’s Crown Prince, BritishWanderer III, has given parts of his land in Bedford to be dedicated towards the commons, an unprecendented action in the country. Crossposted from the Pavia Tribune.
The Fun Stuff
This section’s header picture is of the Mall of Lambat, the country’s newest mall with open plots for both citizens and international sellers.
Will this be longer than the news? We shall see.
Seemed as if everyone stockpiled their builds for after the war, huh?
- Thanks to Jaydon_ for Icenia’s brand new render of their city recovering from war
- The borough of Petergrad in the Commonwealth is coming along nicely with new builds of the Red Cross Headquarters
- Provence’s brand new bridge, a replica of the Dom Luis I Bridge in Porto, Portugal is a really impressive replica of engineering from the real world
- And in Lusitania as a whole, an overview of their three different cities
- The Mall of Lambat is a large new mall in the capital which reminds me of giant malls from the Philippines which has a bunch of shops – I guess that makes sense though…it looks great.
- Sirboss shows off the brand new completion of Petrichor’s High Commissioner Building in the city; it’s a more modern building and a departure from the build style they had shown earlier…
- The Maester Alliance’s Marcus_Flaminius (he’s back!) displays the classic Maester build style in the Walo Nena Assembly in Mount Augusta
- The Pavia cathedral as mentioned earlier was constructed in three days in expedited fashion, immediately after cleaning up obsidian grief, it’s really incredible how much they get done quickly. Crossposted from the Pavia Tribune.
Very Cool Multimedia Projects
- The return of the Pavia Land Registry highlights the new additions of the country’s territory
- Always had a softspot for Kallos’ land claims maps
- It’s not a Titan ad unless you say “You can build…a vault…” in an extremely dramatic fashion
- A (semi) handdrawn map of Lambat
Spicy Keanu Reeves Memes
- Walkers posts content from the vault break… it’s not a meme but this is the only appropriate place for it
- The Icenia Government in Exile is not in Icenia, nor the official government, nor in exile
- If I had an nickel every time there is an announcement, I would have two nickels, which isn’t a lot but it’s weird that it happened twice this week
- Ah yes, I love….um…I know I joke about L + Ratio but honestly L + Ratio + Your Meme Sucks + Get Dunked On + It’s Not Funny
- Not sure if this is a meme, but I wouldn’t literally bomb stuff anyway using redstone because it’s basically ineffective – don’t tell that to Gantoe though
- Topher’s endorsement of the IF is shocking, he wouldn’t do that
- Ch1pr is advertising defensive infrastructure design, from bunkers to traps to entire vaults
- BlockbusterMC is selling mules in Yoahtl, but I personally would not be too pissed on it
- Saul Goodman has legally moved his law practice to Icenia from New Mexico
- CivMarket’s floating diamond exchange has recently returned, with prices dropping as a shock from the war’s conclusion.
No-Punchline Metagame Highlights
- Sirboss asks what real-life analogues each country in CivMC would be, I don’t know really know if I have an analogue because there is no newsperson in the world who is friends with nearly everyone
- Gjum makes a tool to visualize snitches, and on a website and not on discord, so you can really no-life your friends
- ChrisChrispie creates another Nation Reputation Thread so he can finally brag to say that Icenia is better than Yoahtl – now when are we going to get that player reputation thread, huh?
Peaceful Cry for Help
This section’s header picture is an invitation poster of Acuhdemic and CutePastelStars’ wedding in Pavia next month, a highly advertised affair.
Thank you for reading this week’s edition of the newsletter; it’s nice to finally have an edition where I’m not talking about war for two hours, right?
It’s been a busy couple of weeks so I haven’t been able to do any data analysis but I promise I want to get to it very soon. It’s just a little bit on the tough side for me as I’ve got a lot going on in real life and can barely get these out weekly.
This week was helped out by…
If you would like to help out yourself, PLEASE fill out this featured article form. PLEASE. I really need to stop writing new articles every week. I’ll do something if you fill this out. I need articles please. Highlight your nation or whatever, literally just write something about a CivWiki article, PLEASE.
And as always…
- < < < Last week’s newsletter (September 19)
- Submit a featured article - Advertise your nation, display some history!
- View and post comments on r/CivWiki
- View a shortened version of this newsletter on CivWiki