Good Monday Morning from New England. Hopefully everyone is having a great launch, whichever server you’re playing. And if you’re not playing CivMC, hope you’re having fun playing nevertheless.
Something new this week: since now there’s so much news, only the ones noted with a plus sign (+) are noted to be the current events present on the front page of the Wiki. All other current events are just noted here for their notoreity or otherwise.
- Current Events
- Featured Article (Reddit article)
- A Promotional Cry for Help
- CivMC was released last Thursday, June 2. Prior to launch that day, Wingzero released notes on the new features that would be arriving on launch.(+) (https://www.reddit.com/r/CivMC/comments/v2ixzh/crystalis/)
- u/Gjum released the 2.0 version of the Map Sync mod allowing you to sync up map data with your friends live on the server.
- u/Dilluexe released an amazing new trailer for CivMC.(+)
- Prior to launch, many different polls were posted like “what was your best Civ experience?”, “what is the best political system?”, “who will start the first war?”, “who will get Prot IV first?”, “when will I ever get a girlfriend?”
“Houston, We’re a Go for Launch”(+)
- The launch saw nearly 450 players attempting to join, making it one of the largest Civ server launches on record. That number stayed for the weekend, with peak hours reaching above 300 on the server.
- The first day saw one of the smoothest Civ server launches with the server running near-perfectly despite the player load, causing scarce interruption over launch weekend.
- Continuous technical support was made throughout the weekend to increase the number of players on the server and fix a few errant bugs in production.
- Something nearly unprecedented on CivMC’s launch was that nearly every nation posted their land claims within launch weekend; usually announcing land claims this early was just an invitation to get raided. (+)
- There were so many claims that u/TheJqmn created the first (generally) comprehensive claims map of the server. (+)
- Among the fun map highlights are:
- TKON faced disputes from Pacem, Petrichor, Icenia, and Rivenfall
- Arsenio Pact’s claims faced quite a difficult situation with both Nara and Mount Doom claiming near their borders, the latter nearly reaching a boiling point until both were resolved relatively peacefully.
- Some countries had to resettle their borders due to the changing landscape including Lambat and Cordoba.
- Other funny claims include:
- MrJoCrafter’s new People’s Republic of the Western Boundary was superceded by a new nation of poop.
- The Chronicles of STUPID Island: it got flooded
- By complete coincidence, Nara and Gensokyo, two Japanese nations, claimed literally right next to each other
- Camiseo claimed dick and balls islands
The Meme Queue
One large complaint on launch was the server’s queue; the high demand during the launch weekend and peak hours saw long queues reaching over 100, the admins have confirmed they are working on upgrading the server and introducing sharding to increase the overall server population.(+)
As a result of many people standing around in queue, many people made memes while waiting:
- This is so sad, can we put the admins in queue
- MigmaBalls touches grass, comes back, and still can’t play Civ
- Brand new civball memes about the queue although again, nobody is original
- When you’re about to get in the server
- You know, it’s probably a good idea to actually claim the queue, right?
- Lusitania floating in the ocean, but it’s actually a high quality Civball
- LordOfMarzipan wants to teach you about how to security good.
- Icenia’s Jah Park was completed in possibly record time
- Quauhtli’n’Mia posted art of a pre-Civilization Yoahtl
- IMC Platinum Records release Clickas, a new song dedicated to all of the dank PvPers.
- Imagine taking ages to break a stone smelter and the victim not caring
- Kira’s birth certificate got legally revised to be renamed Shakira
- Parrots are here!
- When estalia has like, all the pearls
- Admins keep teleporting to people. Watch out Infra, you’re about to get pearled…oh no he has airpods in!
- They didn’t post the server IP on the subreddit, so people had to post to figure it out
- u/topher3001 went to the beach last Sunday. He said that the weather was perfect but the water was too cold. He also walked through the forest by the beach and found some beautiful scenes. He also said he wants to go there again one day.
Featured Article (Reddit article)
Today’s featured image is Shardore Tower, the Order’s headquarters.
The Order of St. Marcus was a builder’s organization active throughout CivClassic that sought to create high-quality builds across the server. The Order was started in February 2018 by Gobblin and Maester Logic_Man in Mount Augusta in honor of fellow retired Maester Marcus_Flaminius. Through the Journey of the Placed Block,, the organization encouraged players to improve the looks of towns and cities across CivClassic, at a time when many buildings lacked flair. With build competitions and a point system, they called on other builders to create beautiful buildings on the server, from lowly houses to large government buildings, rail stations, libraries and more. Eleven nations on the server, most notably Gabon, Varkonia, and the Commonwealth contained numerous builds which contributed to the Order’s mission.
A Promotional Cry for Help
Are you bored out of your mind while waiting in the queue? Do you want something to do? Well, then, did you know you can submit your things into these Monday newsletters? We welcome all sorts of submissions:
- Featured CivWiki articles (I highly encourage these if you’re recruiting!)
- Business ads
- Infrastructure initiatives
- Current events
And much more! I promise to put most non-spam submissions (except the Featured Articles) into these newsletters! (Disclaimer, the majority of these are jokes.) Submit the link below if you’re interested in getting your information or promotion into these monday mornings!
And as always, EDIT CIVWIKI
Thanks to u/Gjum, u/Gijahr, and u/setsen for proofreading this week’s entries.
Are you stuck in queue? Nobody to talk to? Need something to do? Why not submit an entry for next Monday Morning?!
- It’s easy (Anywhere between 100-200 words at most)
- It’s noticable (Like, it literally gets into this post AND on the front page)
- It gives you something to do (No article? No problem! Edit CivWiki!)
- It’s informational (Get your voice heard!)
All you have to do is follow the link, answer the questions, and we’ll read it! Most submissions are considered immediately!
Follow the link below and submit now!
^^(Note: items are subject to CivWiki admin & editor approval.)