Good morning and happy Monday morning to everyone on Civ!
This week was quite a hectic one, with definitely a lot more conflicts this week. Some looked dicier than others and I really hope we don’t end up in another server-wide war for the next 75 years but who knows.
I’m working on a permanent website, and it’s almost done but not in time for this week. This and all previous posts will also be grandfathered back in the website so you can see all of these stupid newsletters in one place.
Today’s featured picture is the interior of Icenia’s rail station in the center of the city, built by LordChieftain. The city’s theme this iteration is for a art-deco style reminiscent of other train station like in New Orleans, which I have to say, is really well done and reminds me of old Penn Station in New York. Great work!
- Featured Article
- Current Events
- The Fun Stuff
- A CivWiki Cry For Help
Here’s the newsletter for this week:
Fellowship was a nation on Civcraft 1.0 and 2.0, based on the ideals of friendship. The nation was well known in Civcraft 2.0 by the Hexagon, a megastructure built into central mountains of the country that was widely known as one of the server’s main trading and travel hubs. The structure was divided into many layers and housed large shops on its lower floors and residencies on its upper floors. So-called “hexpansions” were planned to extend the mall’s area, but these were never completed.
The country maintained good relations with most of its neighbors, as well as being part of the North Eastern Alliance. Despite some internal disputes such as the Bedford Dispute, the country maintained consistent growth until the beginning of the Titan War. Other districts in the country included Fardis, a place where large private residences were built, and Lightbarrow, housing one of the largest portal farms on the server. Although no direct successor was created, some of the nation’s denizens would later become players in Concordia.
This nation is not to be confused with the CivMC of nation of Fellowship.
This section’s header picture is of the Hexagon’s middle layers, with bunches of winding staircases allowing players to traverse the megastructure to access its shops and residences.
This section’s header picture is a render of a rainy day in Pioneer Village in Lambat City, the capital of Lambat.
Every Conflict Ever
- Estalian and Rhode Island players were involved in a few conflicts this week.
- Subject_010 began to skybridge onto Estalian land on July 1; after he was outed by a message sent to chat, he killed himself.
- A Rhode Island potion bunker and ice road was found on Estalian territory on July 4. While four Rhode Island players approached the bunker, no conflict arose and the bunker was disabled. Vanax, Adderal, and Subject_010 were all banned from the country.
- Vanax and Adderal eventually griefed an Estalian ice road on July 7, which resulted in a ban to all Rhode Island citizens.
- Eventually, Rhode Island leadership claimed responsbility of all issues (skybridge, bunker) and called on Estalia to do the same with their issues in Ku to prevent relations from breaking down.
- Titan Industries fought against Kingdom of ErrorL after harassing citizens, however a truce was made hours later. Eventually
- After Icarian Grumpywalnut placed private snitches in Cordoban land, conflict arose both parties, including snitch griefing, pearls, and alliance treaty breaking. You can read more about the situation here.
- Icenia completed the task set out for them last week by pearling Monopolistic, the raider in cohorts with lintlicker that killed Danzilonan citizens.
- Blockchainistan accused Titan Industries of while many things, blocking off their portal, however, subsequent posts reaffirmed Titan Industries’ position of the portal being accessible to all.
- The Hyperborean Confederation declares war on Prideland; according to Hyperborea, this was in response to Prideland players raided the Hyperborean capital and killed a cabinet member.
More Diplomatic Affairs
- The Mutual Defense and Security Coalition alliance, or MDSC, was created by Icenia, Southshire and Petrichor last week; all three were heavily involved in the UDF in CivClassic. Later that week, The Commonwealth and Batavia joined the alliance.
- Cortesia del Mar and Aurellia signed a treaty this week merging the two nations, continuing to be known as the former.
- CivMarket and Rhode Island sign a non-alliance pact in the country.
- The Free Danzilonan Republic held its first elections and Lowtuff was elected as its first leader (sorry Des23, missed this last week!)
- The Icenian Prosperity Party announces its latest platform in the country.
Can We Not Talk About Politics Anymore
- The final 20 CivMarket plots were sold on Thursday this past week, with bids reaching as high as 160 diamonds per plot.
- After swashbuckling on the high seas, the Pyrate (sic) Republic of Nassau claims land
- The Collective, a nation near Lambat in the Lyrian Sea area seemingly announced its disbandment after Lambat citizens discovered a sign at their previously in-progress Embassy.
- An internal Lambat-Lusitania line, dubbed “L-Line 2” as a reference to the previous L-Line on CivClassic, was completed, the longest rail line on the server so far.
The Fun Stuff
This section’s header picture is the Tenseimiya train station in Gensokyo, a fully modular rail station in the heart of their city, built by Topaz and Falvyu.
- The progress on Icenia’s international rail station is going well, built by LordChieftain.
- The Katipan rail station is another megastructure project also going well in Lambat, built by BluJaySA
- TheJmqn posts yet another claims map, now with continentsTM
- A CivMC Mini-Build Competition was announced in Petrichor following their successful Summer Arts festival, challenging builders to construct with a very limited playing field
- Honestly a very nice mehri map made by AmandaCC
- Hitobashuru strikes again with an illustrative map of Masuno, a territory of Reggio Argeddina.
- Additional Minecraft hockey scrimages are being held by Danzilona in an effort to raise awareness of the game, being held Wednesday and Sunday, contact Gant#4012 for more details!
Eyebleach, but in the complete opposite way
Lusitania is so reliant on alcohol and brewery that I think they are legitimately going insane, here’s the proof:
- The Lambat Posts reports that Lusitania banned handling codfish in a suspicious manner
- Codfish rifle
- Just four civvas sitting a not-hot tub
Sorry, I’m just concerned about their psychological well being. Anyway…
- I am generally tired of KOEL alliance posts anyway, I already know who they are and you’re not getting on the newsletter every week by posting them
- Now THIS is what I call a bargain
- Is it ironic that Titan Industries is actually the Thneed guys? Not saying that Blockchainistan is the lorax or anything but
- Something something exploration to the far east
- Boy, do I love professional modmail
- I don’t think outer space is on the claim map yet
- String moment
- There’s a reason why this game favors NEETs
Highlights from the Metagame
- Quauhtli’n’Mia posts another Mexican-styled art collection of notable Yoahtlans
- Reffelruz reminds everyone that worldbuilding is not just waving your PvP dicks around back and forth
- Lodish posts the results of Civ player’s Dozen Values tests, or essentially another political values test
- I will never get enough of these cute pictures of feline progress
- In an effort to create his new claims map, TheJmqn asks people what designates a continent
A CivWiki Cry For Help
This section’s header picture is an illustrative map of Masuno, a territory in Reggio Argeddina, written in Toki Pona.
Thank you for reading this week’s Monday Newsletter. If you want to see your own features, such as featured articles, current events, or anything else (including ads, interviews, opinion posts, joke posts, serious posts, etc.), then feast your eyes on this lovely Google form!
Contributions this week were made by Topaz4293 for their picture of Gensokyo’s train station, and uh…that’s it. I am writing these Featured Article posts myself and if you want to be featured submit the form above (or just message me at specificlanguage#2891).
Additionally, edit CivWiki to contribute badly needed information about your nation, as this all gets posted on CivWiki as well, and this newsletter wouldn’t exist without CivWiki’s help.
Thanks, and have a great week. Oh! I almost forgot as always…