Good Monday Morning to everyone and welcome to the new website!
This website has been a long time coming despite its very simple appearance; but I’ve tried my best to copy over the best of the best that we’ve seen so far from HackMD to Reddit Newsletters to Civ newspapers, and I think this is a great medium ground between everything, so I’m pretty happy with how this turned out. All other previous posts have now been catalogued here, meaning you can go back through each of the different newsletters and find older news. Additionally, I’ve made some of the other things front and center, like the link to CivWiki and the Contribution form (hint hint).
The site is currently set to whatever your system prefers, whether light or dark. To switch, just change your system setting; eventually a manual override toggle will come later if you prefer the look of the brighter website. Anything to get you awake this morning, I swear.
If you’re a technical person and wondering how this was made, I’ve put some technical details on the about page. I’m continuing to make this site free and fair for all, you won’t see any paywalls or subscriptions; maybe the occasional Patreon beg but nothing that blocks you from reading.
Thank you so much for getting the newsletter to the point where I can write about it regularly and have this much readership, I’m extremely grateful for all your support.
Ok, that’s enough blabbering from me, here’s the actual news this week:
This week’s featured image is the Samchester Citadel in Southshire, now officially built by RoboRik, LordofMarzipan, and JamesonIII. Southshire’s plan was to bring together the defensive standards of older iterations like New Yoahtl City, but wanted to keep a particular aesthetic similar to old Southshire. This is what they’ve settled on today, a fortified city with a defensive structure, acting as a secure place for storage as well as a place for merchants to sell shops. Plots are still open today!
The alliances of Civcraft 2.0 were major alliances spread across the second iteration of Civcraft, allied more geographically than ideologically. Alliances during this iteration were sparse and had little overlap compared to other alliances or non-aggression pacts in CivClassic or CivMC. Many alliances took their namesake from the area countries resided in. Although many were largely military alliances they sometimes had internal free trade or infrastructure agreement with each nation. No alliances directly declared war on each other, but connections came into play in a number of military confrontations, including the Yurtstead War and the Goten Secession Conflict.
Of the five alliances that survived at the end of Civcraft 2.0, the only alliance that can be clearly traced back to these origins are the United Provinces of the Plus Plus members that played in the Volans shard in Civcraft 3.0, currently many play in the Free Danzilonan Republic or Mery. Many alliances, like the Great Northern Alliance (GNA) were a large plurality of nations that maintain iterations in CivMC but no longer ally with each other.
This section’s header picture is a render of Rhode Island city by Maddog551.
It’s funny how some of the wars last week just resolved in, “let’s just cut the shenanigans”.
Diplomacy is Better
- After last week’s scuffles and tension between Rhode Island and Estalia, the countries (shockingly) agreed to a non-aggression pact between the two countries. Although this banned all problematic parties from each other’s borders, they have agreed to peace until December of this year.
- The Elysian Pact was created between Pavia, Estalia, Jorvik and SPQR, committing to regional security and infrastructure agreements between all countries.
- A recently held election for Yoahtl’s first council resulted in six winners: Solitaire7, MechanicalRift, KingoftheMochas, iOminious, Scouter9001, and Klari.
- PCRato becomes the Prime Minister of Lusitania after a long, “hard-fought” election against me. I’ll get you next time!
- Lusitania signs a Mutual Recognition Treaty with nearby Rozia, and another with Reconstruction Era.
- Kallos reannounces their “unexpected” return, hoping to rebuild and make more things out of obsidian
Conflicts Happen Anyway
- A series of raidings by Vah hit many cities, including Mount Augusta, Valyria, and most recently Icenia and Dalgon, among others.
- Titan Industries posted their own perspective of last week’s conflict between Titan and KOEL, with their justification including continued harassment of members of the company, notably Bloof. Although they pursued an attack of KOEL citizens, both countries sued for peace.
- RaccooonOnCrack and tvrreto raided Venne’s storage and factories, the former was caught hours later.
- Saren & other Utopians fought Rhode Islanders for leaking information, which didn’t result to much except another Saren PvP video
- Former Corvus player samnrad had been banned on CivMC for more than a month due to duping on a prior server, he publicly called on the admins to unban him, citing unreasonableness and unfairness. Infra responded, backing up their moderation decisions.
- SpeedyJustice was pearled after griefing a judge’s property; a trial is currently underway in Mount Augusta.
- Apparently Danzilona kept getting raided with aSmellyBird pearling someone then getting pearled, then having somebody chopping their trees. Oh yeah not to mention also getting raided by BobTheBuilder & co. from earlier, what the hell give them a break
The Fun Stuff
This section’s header image is the Memorial to Technoblade statue on the peak of Mount Olympus in Commonwealth, built by u/SaltyGoomba.
Very Hsm Moments
Oh yeah, “Hsm” is “Septembrian” “slang” for “Wholesome”.
- Southshire’s citadel is coming along nicely as you literally just saw above
- TheJmqn hosted the first show of CivJeopardy, with Cammo, Va_11HALL_A and NovaStorm93, it’s really creative and I really hope it returns soon.
- The first CivMC Nations Perception Survey was created by Kaprediem for the Lambat Post last week, glad to see it come back, results are coming soonTM.
- Commonwealth constructs a monument to Technoblade in Mount Olympus, a great memorial to him
- Despite having a lot of raiding issues, Danzilona made some time for some hockey
- Honestly a very dedicated one man nation in Lilliput, I hope it goes far
- Reconstruction Era is a new country established this week, which posted its first Civball with Jack Bionicle (it’s his nickname)
- The Stony Sea Coastline of Lambat is sketched out in a way that’s kind of like seeing Nantucket from the sea
- This is a map of vaults of Kallos which shouldn’t be here but it’s at least pretty good
- Lokilog posted an unfinished project of some of his Civball art from CivClassics, but it’s already pretty good, if only he kept working on it
- I know I keep posting FELINE pictures every week but honestly this art is really good
Possibly Hsm Moments
- Open up, Icenia, the flies are in your house!
- Does this mean I can buy Mount Augusta
- You know, let’s just post both sides lazily cause why not
- Totally not a warning for the future
- I’m telling you guys, SpeedyJustice needs a 13 episode season TV show
- Yeah we get it, weepee is fun to say
- Damn, he really made a rock for a build competition huh
- I can’t believe you all don’t care about climate change
- Somebody didn’t get the memo
- Please add minemaster to your vault groups, he’s begging you
- Please buy Titan Industries, they’re begging you
- So I mean I get the joke that it’s three beacons but is that really all you got
- Deepslate believes the I:D exchanges are the past, E:D exchanges are the future
- What is this, 1870s New York? We have obsidian technology from Shelby now, stop living in the past
It’s Just the Metagame Bro
- WackyAki posts a fun guide about how to make city good, which is really just heavily enforce Art Deco
- Can we just appreciate RektTangle’s dog
- TheJmqn posts literally a frequency chart of mentions on the discord server
- Gensokyo is playing Monster Hunter and yelling about crabs instead of actually worrying about Vah literally raiding them at this exact moment
A New Website Cry for Help
This section’s header image is a panorama of the Stony Sea coastline, around the country of Lambat posted by AKJanklin.
Thanks for reading this week’s edition of the Monday Newsletter, on the new website! What is it now, Monday number nine?
If you want to see your own content in this newsletter, and not have me contact you in the middle of the night looking for content, take a look at this very lovely google form! We accept featured articles, current events, ads, interviews, opinion posts, joke posts, serious posts, shit posts, etc.
Contributions this week that I did not request were from Yoahtl’s MechanicalRift and Danzilona’s Des23. Thanks to them for providing a current event and a featured article, respectively! Feel free to submit the form above or message me if you want to be featured.
I also encourage everyone to edit CivWiki to contribute information wherever possible, this newsletter would not exist without CivWiki’s help. Have a great week everyone!
And as always…