Good Monday Morning from New England! I hope your computers all survived the heat because I honestly can’t believe mine did. Even up here, it’s been about 38C for the past couple days and sweating my ass off going into the office.
I’m hoping to expand outside of the CivWiki bureaucrats team and other people. However, I’m not taking any applications right now, and it’s really more of a thought to better make the newsletter right now.
Did you know that Sunday evening just turns into me rushing to complete the newsletter’s current events, and writing the entire fun articles part at the end, and then rushing to get everyone’s approval? It’s not even remotely perfect even despite writing it myself and getting multiple reviews, as you may know.
Ok, that’s what goes on behind the scenes. Here’s the news from Civ right now:
This week’s featured picture is Lusitania’s train station in Portucale. The station was based on a real life station in Sao Bento and was designed by Banyough. Built over the last few weeks, the station interior includes many platforms for tracks as well as many pixel art of famous Lusitan icons, including world famous Lusitan wine. The station will eventually play host to the southernmost end of the new Great Overland Railway from Yoahtl.
The Civ Trading Card Game, better known as CivTCG, is a trading card game developed by Lodish, mainly focused on famous players, locations and history in Civ culture. While gameplay is similar to Hearthstone, and Magic: The Gathering, the card game could only be played on Civ servers (or on Tabletop Simulator). Cards for the game were sold in CivClassic and are being sold on CivMC. The game continually sees expansions created by Lodish from player suggestions, at a pace of usually once every year.
Special Promo cards were also added, obtained in unique ways across each server, such as playing a game of Thimble in Meditat to obtain the ‘Thimble’ card, or helping to destroy a NATO vault during the Infinity War. Additional sets were also released late in CivClassic’s lifespan, related to Yoahtlan and Gensokyojin culture. A new expansion focused on CivMC is currently being created. Cards are currently being sold in Altepetl in Yoahtl. (Full article…)
The image is a selection of CivTCG legendary players sold from the Promo set.
This section’s header image is an in-game screenshot of Butternut County, taken by Saren_Solaris (left).
Raiding is Fun
Oh boy, am I tired. If you really want to read into anything more about any of these, just click the link. I give up…
- Vah continues to raid across the server.
- Throughout the week, he recently targeted Rhode Island and also tagging snitches in FELINE. Two different bounties have combined to total 261 diamonds for Vah’s pearl.
- Many attempts to pearl were made in many different nations, including MtA and Mery, but there have been no successful attempts.
- Icenia attempted to attack a Fellowship bunker to pearl Vah, however, C4mmo from Valyria was pearled in the attack by Capri from Rhode Island.
- Although Vah posted a new PvP video showing his antics across the server, Yodabird discovered that Vah was using skybridge elevators to evade capture from 2v1s; this has never been tried before.
- That last brought in a much larger conflict with Valyria, Fellowship and Rhode Island, supposedly holding C4mmo for some shenanigans related Kiwigamer’s pearling
- KOEL broke off a non-aggression pact with Rhode Island following Adderal and RonPaul snitching their land, as well as a confrontation resulting in two pearls of KOEL citizens.,
- While originally a mistaken call, the Commonwealth was raided by Prequel_, breaking factories and chests in the city. He was pearled a few hours later.
- After a long and strenuous trial between Mount Augusta judge MaleFeminist and lawyer SpeedyJustice, a ruling was made by Asa in favor of SpeedyJustice, requiring reparations to be paid.
- Otonabee was obbybombed by ItzLePotato and ItzLeTurtle, while damage was minimal it was very widespread across the town.
- BradoTomato was pearled for raiding a nether farm belonging to Titan Industries
- Infra_ has decided to step down as an admin last Tuesday. However, Diet_Cola was onboarded as an admin on Sunday.
- After a very long wait, Brewery was added as a plugin on Sunday, to much rejoicing, especially from Lusitania. An introductory guide was posted on the CivMC discord.
- CivMC is also planned to have downtime next week as the server prepares for a full migration to a new server box.
- VintageCiv admin SouthernBloc squashed rumors that they would be resetting the map anytime soon.. More recently they have added food and irrigation vessels, and bolstered the game with more accomodating kits for newfriends.
- Pavia’s Crown Prince, BritishWanderer II, has died. As a result, Dukes are supposed to elect the next Crown Prince but it took three rounds to elect Gobblin as the third Crown Prince.
- Butternut County declared independence from Rhode Island on amicable terms.
- Titan Industries signed a Friendship and Economic Pact with Icenia.
- Reconstruction Era signed a declaration of friendship with Lambat.
- Capeland seemingly changes their name to Chungia for no apparent reason.
The Fun Stuff
This section’s header picture is the Royal Lusitan Corporation’s shop in downtown Nara, alongside other shops on Nishi Kansen road. This picture was taken by ArtificialDriver.
- Butternut County looks better than people think, in my opinion.
- Oh god oh no the Visualization chart is back, look at KOEL with its 75 alliances
- It’s too bad that Felines was hit but i still like the art
- Kind of a nicely styled London Underground type map for all the rails connected not just to Lusitania but the eastern continent right now.
- I already highlighted this in the news but this was actually really good editing from Yodabird on discovering the elevator nonsense
- Mery is beginning to publish their own documentation of national history.
- Another successful day of hockey in Danzilona brings a record breaking turnout
- Finally I can pearl an admin for real!
- Honestly not even sure what this meme is, it’s literally a copy-paste isn’t it?
- But like, why do the same do it again?
- I’m honestly not sure what the trade deal even was
- Does Icenia really have that many pearls
- I’m pissing my pants from ZeroRussia trauma
- Everyone is really bashing on MtA when they are literally doing nothing
- These KOEL posts are getting less comprehensive by the day
- Oh look it’s a diss track
- CivMC just looks like the far future
- whichever dereliction is dereliction my plot(s): Denied by owner.
- If you want wood, just chop it down yourself!
- I am very confused about two people in a dick
- If only this runescape quest was real
- Come to SPQR and build a new and better Rome!
- Is Mofumofu hoarding all the wool now? That’s a pretty low price
- Wait, you’re telling me they don’t actually have a monopoly because of Lusitania?
- Shelby Co. has recently sold its 100th compacted stack of obsidian, which means that Shelby has essentially sold a big vault by now
- There has been a lot of buzz surrounding Cosmetica as a new mod to put some funny hats on your head
- “War” “veteran” moment
- If only Dirt! was plentiful in CivMC
“Please Submit Something” Cry for Help
This section’s header picture is of a day of exhibition hockey matches in Danzilona.
While I mostly write everything in this newsletter alone, I do all the research myself too, and it’s very hard to get information from all over Civ, and it’s hard when you’re also not in every discord and you’re pretty much at the limit.
I highly recommend people to submit stuff that happens all around Civ, from random events in your nation to just things you wanna think of highlighting from your history are all good, anything you want to post will show up on this website.
I really hope we can expand the newsletter with more non-news and linking in the future, because I think this would make the newsletter more interesting.
If you feel like submitting anything, follow this link here and I’ll take a look at anything you got.
Also, cool fun fact, if you want the CivWiki TCG card, all you have to do is edit CivWiki!
Thanks for reading, and as always….