Good morning and welcome once again to a brand new week, coming live to you from New England. If this week seems incredibly rushed, that’s because it is and I’m starting the writing process way later than I usually do. I’m also sick so if that reflects the writing quality so be it.
This week’s featured picture is of the Imperial Federation’s docks in Regentsburgh, located in the south portion of the map. Much of the country is focused on a Viking-style build style. Regentsburgh is one of three different states, including Thoria and Godhaven.
This week’s featured article is by…oh who would’ve guessed, it’s Des23.
The Free Danzilonan Republic (better known as simply Danzilona) is a sovereign nation located in the +,+ on CivMC. Danzilona is known for its strong diplomatic presence in the +,+ and slightly beyond despite its lack of much hard power, holding memberships in both the Forum of the Medi Sea and the Alenarith Forum as well as having a handful of dual citizens within the Lyrean Community. One of the hallmarks of Danzilonan culture is the New Danzilona Hockey League (NDZHL), which also acts as a powerful diplomatic tool. Some other notable features of Danzilona include the DanzShaft, the Teo River, the Great Melian Forest, and the people’s strong commitment to direct democracy. Recently, Danzilona has been undergoing a period of great expansion, bringing its neighbours Melia and Gensokyo into its fold. (Full article…)
This week’s featured picture is of Danzilona’s town hall, sometimes affectionately known as the DanzHall.
This section’s header picture is of Ice_Otter’s memorial monument to Vah in Icenia.
More War Events
- Icenia has been once again the latest victim of an obbybomb attack, by nearly the same individuals; I still find it really saddening that the country’s old guard is getting exhausted trying to teach new players and this is getting in the way.
- This sentiment prompted a ChrisChrispie post asking whether the attackers were the good guys, and the answer is no, because they clearly said they were never the good guys
- In somewhat related news an unknowing Sirboss001 entered Icenia intending to build and was pearled.
- USA has also “claimed” Icenia City as a result of successful attacks, however this is disputed.
- Binchymonkey had an interesting series of events;
- After being freed from USA, he makes his way over to USA while a fight is ongoing. But while doing a little bit of trolling, Binchymonkey was subsequently pearled with reasoning being that binchy had been interfering with the fight and purposely working against Estalia.
- Many players in the comments have backed up his claims, saying he is known to dick around.
- Currently, no timeline for release has been made.
- In more Ez2Clutch antics,
- Rozia has been attacked by the typical raider group.
- He also attempted to blackmail a country’s wealth in Fempire, with Fempire literally just saying “go ahead”, since Fempire knew most of their values were held in secure places.
- That being said, follow the Center for Children’s Guide for Those Who Want To Protect their Stuff
- Ez2Clutch’s colleague Ez2Kill has been pearled by Estalia.
- wjkroeker has posted that a player in Icenia has been imprisoned by USA fighters, claiming “extortion”, however someone argued that this is standard practice known as reps
- However he wasn’t really pearled for any particular reason, which does fit the definition of extorting and not reps.
- Lambatan President Kaprediem’s latest Presidential Proclamation has been focused on defense, closing the country’s borders and activating the National Guard in light of the war.
- Pavia’s vault was attacked by USA on Saturday night. Crossposted from the Pavia Tribune.
- Coming after pearling Estalian TheJKH, USA fighters attempted to disable the vault, one of the last bastions in the war against the country.
- Initially, the defense was only held by the Crown Prince and two citizens and was considered the last stand for the vault.
- However, reinforcements from Estalia slowly emerged and the vault was successfully defended.
- Crown Prince BritishWanderer III stated that “This won’t be the last assault on our vault. But we have assured the Rogue Islanders we will damn well fight to the last man!”
- Ez2Clutch’s raiding spree has been self-pronounced as over, whether this will be the case is yet to be seen.
This subsection’s header picture is WryWood Manor, the residency of the House of D’Larios in Cascadia.
- Following Queen Elizabeth II’s death, Pavia and Petrichor have both entered states of mourning.
- A Mount Augusta judge race has fueled new drama in the country:
- Among those competing for Cattus’ seat were SpeedyJustice and Abazu.
- However, SpeedyJustice retracted his candidacy during the election, after he believed there was a plot for him to be pearled.
- Judge wFang’s response consisted of accusing SpeedyJustice approaching Rhode Island and Estalia to take over the country in the previous month’s government election. (I was extremely annoyed with wFang posting his comment in #citizens-announcements trying to gain upvotes)
- ComradeNick’s response (in a MtA citizens channel) has also given some background of SpeedyJustice’s doings, warning about foreign citizen brigading.
- Abazu is expected to win the election with Augustan government support.
- Ice_Otter came into conflict with previous collaborator Jarl_Heisenberg, after Ice_Otter aided Ez2Clutch and Vah via use of his ice road. While a trusted individual in both the Commonwealth and Icenia, he engaged in unsavory behavior with the former raider group.
- Funkywee was pearled in Blockchainistan land by Estalia.
- Among many moderation issues:
- Due to Ez2Clutch exploiting mechanics in Citadel, several players have been freed, even though one admin affirmed Clutch using the glitch was allowed.
- Comments in the post have called out the admins for not giving clear policies
- Phacad3, sometimes known as Riley was pearled by Estalia, but was unintended as a result of a desynced client from the server. Many comments indicate this was not the case, as admins were being truthful about being unable to recreate the situation, and calls for Phacad being unpearled were deemed invalid.
- The nation of Tvtopia has made a return, with many welcoming tvman999’s return to Civ.
The Fun Stuff
This week’s featured image is of the Palacio D’Ouro in Lusitania, which is a recreation of the same palace in CivClassic.
I think there’s so much news going on that there’s very little focus on actual news…
Cool Looking Stuff
- TheJmqn has another claims map for all you cartographical nerds out there
- I’m not one to patronize Ice_Otter or Vah however his park in Icenia looks good
- Lambat’s recent development is looking great, with the city sporting a new lighthouse and (well.. of course) new train station.
- Meanwhile in Lusitania, rapid construction efforts have brought back classics such as the Palacio D’Ouro, which was recreated by banyough.
- Cascadia’s noble house is big and kind of faithful to a noble mansion
- The new hot trend nowadays is to recreate the CivMC map from memory…
- I love Dracula
- Insultingly low extortion, call it feeble
- Chile is actually Mount Augusta IRL
- If you’re just not good at PvP, just get better, ez
- At least the southern half of the map actually doesn’t really care so much, although this meme may jinx you in the future
- If you think you’re whiny about CivMC, you probably are
- If you think you’re whiny about finding nothing that’s called Ez2Clutch cope
- Haha imagine getting angry at a politely worded message
- He even seethed about bgbba still existing, so I’m not sure what’s up with him
- BLUE LOBSTER
- Imagine having your first thought out of prison be whether a fictional Minecraft political country is doing well
- Holy shit there’s more brew? Rekt_Tangle gives the deets
- FactoryMod’s config has been transcribed
- SpeedyJustice is looking for podcast guests; I hope it’s not going to have the same problems as BOX News…
- Croc tries to show you what Civcraft was like… except that the point he wanted to make was absolutely mute.
- You know I wish we had more fervent CivMC YouTube content but it’s just too hard to make
Incredibly Rushed Cry for Help
This section’s header picture is of wjkroeker’s visit to Algarve, a joint Estalian-Rhdode Island colony in the nether.
Thank for reading this week’s newsletter!
I cannot stress this enough, this newsletter needs featured articles! If you’re tired of building, you only need to write maybe 100-150 words on your topic of choice, and your piece of history gets shown on this newsletter and CivWiki to hundreds of people!
If you basically want free advertising, submit this featured article form here!
Looking at the recruitment survey results are going a bit slower than expected since I’m working on a lot of stuff IRL, so don’t be surprised if it’s a little later than you’d expect. If you still haven’t done so yet, please submit this recruitment form!
Thanks for reading once again, and have a great week. And as always…
- < < < Last week’s newsletter (September 5)
- View and post comments on r/CivWiki - Posting comments helps bring feedback!
- View a shortened version of this news letter on CivWiki