Good morning and happy Monday from New England! Another great week in Civ has gone and come by, and I hope everyone is doing well. We’re about a month removed from the war, and the server seems to be feeling much more healthy than it was. Even though I haven’t been playing as much, I can at least feel that everyone is definitely less worried than before.
This week, I visited the Pavian Four Continent Concordat signing ceremony and conferred with the (still) planned train station in Mt. Augusta, so maybe that will get done Soon^TM? Anyway, let’s just go ahead and get to the news:
This week’s featured image is of Santiago, Cortesia del Mar’s capital. Pictured in the middle is the Fish Lady statue; its respective park, Peachtree Plaza has been used for the Cortesian handoff of power ceremony, as well as the presidential debate for the country’s now-completed election, more on that soon! This plaza is just the beginning of the urban expansion eastward, with MrsDoomBringer hoping to expand the city with the buildings around the Plaza.
The Maester Alliance is a group of players preserving the stories, texts and accounts that have been written by other Civ players into in-game books. Players can be nominated to the alliance as Maesters by transcribing highly requested works, with 37 players being initiated as Maesters to this day. Most books transcribed by the Maesters have been from past iterations onto the current ones, using their own mod, Ghostwriter, to aid them in transcription, however other real-life works have been written in game.
The Maesters have been present on nearly every major Civ server, originating on Civcraft 1.0 all the way up to modern-day Civ servers like CivClassic and CivMC. Each Civ iteration brings a new library design and headquarters, ranging from humble mining outposts to large grand central libraries and towers. Their intricate libraries, notably Shardore Tower Library, are set up with easily accessible book lists and a unique book classification system, allowing readers to borrow books easily. Today, Maesters have set up two headquarters in Yoahtl and Mount Augusta. (Full article…)
This week’s featured article image is of the Kamakon Scriptorium, part of the Maester Alliance’s headquarters in CivClassic’s iteration of Mount Augusta.
North Africa in the Commonwealth, a home to many international organizations and becoming a burgeoning borough in the country.
- Mount Augusta elected a new mayor this week.
- ComradeNick was unable to run again due to term limits, which left Judges Asakuun and wFangw to run for the position.
- The latter fell into some controversy after SpeedyJustice put out a video with recorded conversations in Mount Augusta; many saw this as a violation of privacy as no consent for the recordings was given.
- Nevertheless, after a relatively close election, Mount Augusta elected wFang as mayor this past weekend.
- His initial cabinet saw DrKnees as Lieutenant Governor, TheNeonNerd as Cup of City Beautification, and ComradeNick returning as Cup of Defense
- A judge election has triggered as a result of wFang’s vacancy, with SpacemanSpleef running with other candidates running to “provide an illusion of competition.”
- Truidencia was obbybombed and griefed this week by AlexanderTheBest and Olivay this past week.
- A very confusing sequence of events this past week came with Lonnik as it was just terraforming flat land, when all of a sudden, Lonnik was dissolved by Slusshi, but unilaterally??
- The rationale was that it was a one man nation with a claim size rivaling Pavia, and was pearled by him, so he could not reasonably contest claims.
- It’s had mixed support, some are happy to see crayon-claiming one-man nations on the map, others are ambivalent.
- The UAK quickly claimed over the south portion of the country.
- The Four Continent Concordat, or FCC, was signed in Pavia this past weekend uniting nations on four different continents including Pavia, Pridelands, Venne, and the Imperial Federation.
- Cortesia del Mar has elected its first presidential slate, with President IceCarim and Vice President Yodabird19. The debate happened in the aforementioned Peachtree Plaza.
- Winterbourne announced a declaration of peace between it and the Temporal Isles, except they were never really at war in the first place so it’s more of a friendship treaty?
- Pavia’s longest serving Crown Prince, BritishWanderer III has died due to “total organ failure.”, with Creepion I becoming the new Crown Prince.
- Cissonius of Pavia announces the Monument Group, a successor to Civclassic’s Gabon Corp.
- CivMC’s latest update made various fixes to XP, bookkeeping, and City Spawns, but was pulled only an hour later after issues arose.
- CivReign’s latest teaser hints at a more comprehensive transportation system, including overground rail buffs and a boat rework.
The Fun Stuff
Snowpeak Village, a snow-themed village in the mountains of Truidencia with the Castle of SirTwiggles in the distance.
- Not just one, but two different renders of Icenia, one by MrJeremyFisher and the other by Maddog443.
- A very very very very wide shot of Kallos Kallos Kallos Kallos by Maddog443
- Pavia’s town hall is now proudly flying LGBT flags!
- Yoahtl has adopted the shopping flag in their Market Street
- Been meaning to highlight North Africa for a while but this is the first time everything’s in one shot, so thanks reffelruz for taking a picture, and OakShelf for building everything
- Do I have to say anything more about Cortesia del Mar’s Fish Lady
- I got the Snowpeak village picture from this album of Truidencia, which has a lot of gems in here that I’ve also highlighted before. Very cool.
- CaptainWesteros finally does something related to Civ with his Map of Kallos
- A more handdrawn map of Lambat’s metro was made by AK
- I actually like these propaganda posters from the Imperial Federation, but did you really have to redo Uncle Sam?
- Icenia being Icenia, everyone
- Icenia really being Icenia, everyone
- Lonnik looking like that Imperial Truidence frisbee
- Will anyone care if I put a stupid meme about the Mariners??
- Mining in CivMC be like
- I guess Icenia is the only one meming this week
- As if explaining Civ history is literally my job – sigh
- No, really, not even joking
- CivMarket has announced a large expansion in scope, with a new website, an Icenian branch office, a building competition, and rail construction.
- SPQR has created its first shops with players welcome to trade and set up a shop in the country, as well as exchange in their state-provided exchanges.
- Yoahtl has started opening up shop plots, encouraging people to take the “Merchant” role for those looking to sell in the country.
- CaptainKlutz reminds everyone that your valuable input in Civ mechanic discussion is highly appreciated
- Not to brag, but I’ve received the Lambatan of the Month award, so no big deal
- bgbba reminds people that this period after banning toxic individuals has been a boon to server population.
- But then it feels incredibly weird for Ian_X12 to be in the comments basically advertising Stoneworks, despite the fact he ran a Civ server in the past.
Halfway Spooky Cry for Help
The signing of the Four Continent Concordat, an alliance between Pavia, Pridelands, the Imperial Federation and Venne, in game at the Pavia Town Hall.
Thanks for reading this week’s newsletter. Still a little rushed this week, but what’s nothing more than a little pressure?
Thanks for BritishWanderer and Vedd for contributing some news this week as well as editing the newsletter.
Once again, I’m going to highlight that you should contribute a featured article, and that’s a mandatory form to fill out. You all keep asking me to put your thing in the newsletter, why don’t you just put it in here so you stop asking me! Just take any cool article you got and stick in here, I honestly don’t mind. I’m running out of ideas please help me.
I’m actually looking for spooky articles because the newsletter is going to get posted on Halloween, so if you’ve got something spooky, just go ahead and do the submit!
After you’ve filled that mandatory form, as always…